Earlier this month Konami removed all traces of the Kojima Productions’ logo from P.T. and Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain following Hideo Kojima’s departure from the company and now P.T., (the Silent Hills “playable teaser”), is to be removed from PSN altogether on Wednesday, 29th April.
Kojima was set to work on Silent Hills alongside Hellboy director Guillermo Del Toro and The Walking Dead actor Norman Reedus, however there has been a lot of speculation as to the future of Silent Hills since Kojima departed the company.
While there has been no new info in regards to Silent Hills, in a statement Konmai said that Kojima would be seeing MGS5 through to it’s release.
“I want to reassure fans that I am 100 per cent involved and will continue working on Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain,” said Kojima.
“I’m determined to make it the greatest game I’ve directed to date”
The removal of P.T. from PSN makes absolutely no sense because in truth P.T. is a game in it’s own right.
Whether this move hints at Silent Hills having been cancelled altogether remains to be seen.
*UPDATE* Polygon reports that Guillermodel Torro told an audience at a San Francisco film festival that Silent Hills “is not gonna happen”
That kind of sucks a big one.